Thursday, June 18, 2009

Off to the Kern River...

In the car getting ready to go...you read that book Daniel!! Mom... that is the 3rd in the Fablehaven series that you gave him for Christmas!! He LOVES them!!
All of the boys and leaders who went on the camping trip.

Patrick and Daniel...I LOVE this picture!!

Patrick and Daniel left on Monday for 6 days on a Scouting backpacking trip with the boys and leaders from our ward. They are heading north 6 hours to hike down to the Kern River and then tent camp by it until Saturday. The hike down to the river is about 2 miles.

I have never had to pack that kind of backpack before and I was sooo stressed! Did I get the right food?? Did I get them enough food?? Did I get food they will like?? Holy Cow!!!! I took Patrick with me to pick everthing out but he wasn't totally sure either. He had never done this type of trip before! The packs ended up weighing about 50 lbs each! Daniel put his on the night before they left after one of the young mens leaders (THANK YOU Mike!!) came over on Sunday night and helped us pack the backpacks. When Daniel put his pack on, he almost fell over!! He wasn't looking foward to having to carry the pack 2 miles down to the river! In fact, he was pretty stressed about it!

I asked Patrick to keep an eye out for Daniel and help him!! Hopefully they both did fine. No news is good news, so they must all be doing well!! These pictures are really cute and I don't get a picture of just the 2 of them togther very often. It will be funny to compare these before pictures with the after pictures!!

1 comment:

Carma said...

You guys looked a little stressed right now! A great picture of just the two of you! Love you and can't wait to hear about the adventures!