Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Memories of Grandma Folkman's jam...

I have loved making jam since I was a child going to my Grandma Folkman's house in Jerome, ID. I have such wonderful memories of watching my Grandma make raspberry jam from the raspberry patch that she had in her back yard. I would often get raspberries in Jerome while I was there, and then take them home and make jam. I have had the bug to make some jam the last month!! This last weekend I went to Visalia, CA to my cousin Joelle's wedding. (We had sooo much fun, I am going to post pitures in the next day or so!) When we were leaving Visalia, there was a strawberry stand on the side of the road...so I bought 2 flats and came home to make jam!! My friend Trina came over on Monday and we made strawberry freezer jam. Yummy!! From the 2 flats, we made 26 three cup rounds and 6 three cup squares. So here are a couple pictures. Not all of them are there because Trina had already taken her share home and I had given a few away when I took the pictures. I wish you could all have some!!


1 comment:

Carma said...

There is nothing like homemade jam to jog those wonderful memories of mom and Jerome. I am proud of you for continuing the tradition and letting your family experience yummy jam made by you! Way to go! I can't wait to taste some when I come see you! Love you, Mom