Friday, June 19, 2009

A little case of the worries...(shocker!)

I just can't help but continue to worry about Michael. We were worried for quite a while because it took him so long to smile and make eye contact with us. When a baby has such a lack of oxygen the way Michael did, you don't always know the repercussions of that for some time. He has finally started to make eye contact and smile and actually smiles a ton now. But, when I hold him up in front of me he constantly looks to the side...the right or the left but mainly to the right (my right as he looks at me). I try to get him to keep his head straight and all he wants to do is turn to the side. I am doing his neck exercises when I change his diaper...which he hates!! He screams when I do them, which is probably mostly because I am holding his head in one position and wont let him move it.

He is probably just a little behind because he had such a difficult start, but he just seems a little off to me. (He will love reading this when he is like 17 and just fine!!) I am most likely just paranoid. I am most definitely a worrier...BIG TIME...so, I will TRY not to worry about things until I have something to worry about! He will be going for all of these tests that the pediatrician has ordered within the next month, so we will see. Hopefully everything will be just fine!

By the way...you have probably noticed that I have been writing a lot more lately. I have decided to use my blog to update family and friends, but also as a journal. I don't write in my own journal nearly often enough and I enjoy doing it this way! So, hopefully I won't bore you too much and feel free to check in less often if I do!!

1 comment:

flipper said...

My Dad once said that 90% of the things we worry about never happen and the other 10% we can't do anything about...so he never worried...I guess that is where I come from....