Monday, September 7, 2009

Making our house a home....

While my mom was here a month or so ago, she and I did a few things to help make my house look more homey!! I really hadn't bought anything for my house since we moved in and it just didn't really feel like home yet. One of my favorite stores EVER is Taipan. There is a huge store in Salt Lake that I try to go visit when I am visiting my family, but it is hard to really bring anything home because there is NEVER any room in the car!! I was BEYOND excited when I found out that they were opening a store in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. It is about 2 hours from my house but WHO CARES!!! So, when my mom was here we hopped in the car and off we went to go to Taipan. I was like a kid in a candy store!! I had my money in my pocket that I could spend and just had to try not to double that amount!! HA! We found some really cute things...and my kids and even my HUSBAND noticed and said it made our house feel more like our home!! It was really nice to have my mom here to help me. It is SOOO fun to have someone else to bounce ideas off of and to give their opinion!! It was great to find some good deals to help with the cost.

So, after my mom left and went back to Salt Lake, I did a few more things. While my mom was here we had bought flowers for me to make an arrangement in this bluish/green metal double vase that I had purchased at Taipan. So I made the arrangement and grouped a few things together in my bedroom. I liked the way it turned out!! When you start doing projects to make your house look nice you REALLY get the bug to keep going!! I wish I had the BUDGET to go along with my IDEAS!! One of the things that just KILLS me is that I can't paint right now!! The walls need color soooo badly. Everything would look soooo much better with some more color on the walls!! Oh well...someday!!

This is a picture of my bedroom. Aren't the branches with the birds above the headboard cute! It looks really cute with the bedding and the pillow with the 2 love birds on it!! I got the vinyl branches and birds at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It was 19.99 and it came with all of the pieces that are on my wall. You have to peel the individual pieces off and apply them on the wall and decide how you want to create the branches. It is fun!! It helps to pull the room together.




I found some really pretty bathroom items to match my bedroom colors at Bed, Bath and Beyond on their clearance isle. It was 70% off!! Sooo pretty!!


This arrangement is on our bathroom counter. The flower arrangement was also 40% off at Michael's. I pulled out flowers that didn't match and put in flowers that I had bought with my mom. It ended up being really pretty and it was such a good price!

This is by the tub. I added towels and also used another flower arrangement from Michael's and added my own flowers! The picture tree was from Taipan and is soooo cute...now I just need to put real pictures in it instead of the "cute" store pictures!!


This is a close up of the arrangement that I made with the flowers that my mom and I bought at Shinodas and the metal vase from Taipan.
This is the arrangement with the flowers. The candle stick is the one from Taipan and I found the super cute clock at WALMART!!!...for 14.99!


1 comment:

Carma said...

Love your bedroom and bathroom!! You did an awesome job with the flowers and putting everything together. I love the new towels! You are so talented. Seriously, you should decorate for other people and make some money! We had so much fun when I was there - we'll have to make another trip to Taipan when I come again!! Save those dollars!