Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Always and Forever...

I ended up having a really nice night for our 20th Anniversay. I had been irritated earlier in the day because Pat had to work ALL DAY and I hadn't gotten any flowers or card or anything!! Well, it was a Wednesday night and on Wednesdays Corey always goes to this local Hawaiian food/sushi place and does kareoke. Pat was still working at 6:30 pm, so I decided to go with Corey to do kareoke.

Well at about 7:30, Pat finally showed up from working in LA all day. He came and sat by me and we decided to do a song together. Well, a few minutes later they called Pats name. Corey pulled a chair up in the very front. Pat asked me to come sit in the chair and gave me a bouquet of roses and then said this..." 20 years ago today was the best day of my life because I married Hadley. I don't have much of a singing voice anymore, so I may make a fool of myself singing this song...(speaking much more loudly) but I am in love and I'M NOT AFRAID TO SAY IT!!!!" He then sang to me, "Always and Forever". It was the sweetest thing ever!!! Everyone there was waving their arms with a phone or lighter in their hands!! When he finished everyone stood up and yelled and cheered. Corey had several of the young adults there with her and we had some good friends, the Diaz family there also. He really made me feel special and LOVED.

We went out for dinner on Friday night for our anniversary and we took a couple of pictures and this is one of them. I am lucky to have a sweet husband who is not afraid to PUBLICLY proclaim his love for me!!



2 comments:

Candice said...

What a great story!!! Pat is so great. I love how in love you both are with each other :) What a great example you are to me and all other married couples!!!

Carma said...

Remember I first met Pat when you brought him to Disneyland on Father's Day. We lived in Tucson and met you there. (I think it was your first date??) We said hello and 5 minutes later I told Dad you would marry him. You were meant for each other. We couldn't be happier with your choice of a husband and your marriage is the envy of many. Congratulations to both of you. We love you!!