Friday, September 18, 2009

I am sooooo BUGGED!!

Ok...so this is awful to share...but Aubrey and Julia had lice last week!! Aubrey, one night said, "my head is really itching me". I shuddered and said I would look at it the next morning. So I got her up early and sure enough, I found LICE!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!! Eggs and actual BUGS......holy crap!! So I freaked a little and immediately went to Rite Aid and bought furniture/bedding spray, metal combs (better than the plastic ones that come with it) and the lice conditioner. I sprayed all of the pillows, mattresses, my rocking chair, anything I thought they could live on!! YUCK!!! Then I shampood and put the lice conditioner on Aubrey and Julia's hair. I also did Michael, Pat, and Me!! I didn't think Julia had it, but I did find some eggs on her head. I'm assuming that they got it from someone at school....ewwww!!

Aubrey and Julia both came in my bed during the night, that night before to sleep!!! OH MY GOSH!!! My head was "itching" ALLLLLL day...I didn't have lice but, my paranoia sure felt like it! HA! Luckily, I found the lice the day before I had to do the big dinner for all 62 varsity football players! My mom reminded me that it could have been worse.....I could have found it the day of the dinner! THAT definitely would have been worse....cooking, killing lice, cooking, killing lice!!! GROSS!! My older children had this fun experience when they were younger; they got it from a neighbor, but it has been several years since then. It REALLY gives me the heebie jeebies!!!!!

We are currently lice free and I am TRULY thankful!! I am also thankful that they have a cream rinse/shampoo these days...if I would have had to shave their heads and put turpentine on them that would have been devastating!! So that is the bright side of lice!!
After I put the conditioner on I put a large ziplock bag on their heads...not in the directions mind you, but I thought I would really suffocate the little suckers.

Even with lice and a bag on her head Julia is cute! I wish I would have gotten a pictre of Aubrey too.....she also had a ziplock bag on her head!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Oh Hadley, I'm so sorry. I hope that day never ever comes for us...knock on wood. I'm glad you suffocated them!

Carma said...

You had lice when you were 3 and I thought I would never survive it. I am so sorry you had to go through it! Glad those nasty critters are bye bye. Cute picture Julia!!!

Christin said...

Yeah lice are AWFUL. My sister-in-law's boys got them from school too and SHE ended up getting them too and couldn't get rid of them for like 4 months. YIKES. Good luck.

Christin

P.S. Luke has been scratching his head non-stop lately too. Tell me not.

moliver said...

I'm itching after reading that! Logan just started Kindergarten and that is one thing that I dread, is him getting lice. Luckily with boys you can just shave their heads.