Monday, October 27, 2008

A "leading role" for Corey...

Corey auditioned for a leading role in the musical, "Traditions of Christmas." It is one of the biggest Christmas plays in San Diego. They perform the play at the East County Performing Arts Center, which is a huge venue! Anyway, she tried out a few weeks ago and had waited about two weeks to find out that she had been selected as one of the 6 female leads in the musical. There are 6 guys and 6 girls that make up the ensenmble and Corey is one of those girls. The girls and guys are paired up and do a ton of singing and dancing!! The ensemble has 12 costume changes!!! There are about 150 people in the musical all together, so it is a big production. What an honor for Corey!!! She is the youngest one in the ensenmble. There is a boy that is 19 and all of the other performers are 22 and older..... and Corey just turned 18 last Friday. I can't tell you how excited she was when she found out. I am so happy for her. She deserves it. She is a truly talented singer and performer. We can't wait to see her in December!! If anyone would like to go, give me a call and I can get you 2 for 1 tickets. They are regularly $35.00 a ticket.

Oh...and more fun...Aubrey and Julia went to the "Traditions of Christmas" auditions as well. They were only able to audition at the singing audtion and missed the dancing audtion. When Corey pulled up the cast list on the computer, Aubrey and Julia were cast as "Toys" in the musical!! How fun is that?! They both did well at the singing auditon. I couldn't believe how brave Julia was when she got up to sing in front of everyone! I thought they weren't going to make it becasue they missed the dancing audition. So, the 3 girls are in it, which is really a fun experience for them!!!

3 comments:

Carma said...

Corey - I couldn't be more proud of you. I will always remember dropping you off at the call backs and your mom and I kidding you as you walked over and you giving us "the look". You have a great sense of humor like your mom. Thanks for calling and letting me know you made it!!

You are so incredibly talented and you will be awesome in the production. Way to go!!

Love you,
Grandma Mathis

Candice said...

I am so excited for them! I wish I was there to see them in the production. I know they will be great :)

Love, Candice

jen said...

Oh my gosh, Hadley!!! Your family has gotten so big. You guys all look great! Congratulations on being pregnant.

BTW, I found a link to your blog on Melody's.

Jen Leach