Monday, April 5, 2010

2nd Coming???

Wow...yesterday was an Easter we will never forget! We were out at Mike and Dena's house (Pat's brother) and were having a really nice time! And then the earth started shaking!!! We heard this loud rumbling sound first. I thought -what is that sound??! Well, following the loud rumbling the whole house started shaking! It got stronger and stonger and the rumbling got louder!! In fact it continued to rumble even after the house eventually stopped shaking. My nephew Kelvin was standing by me in the kitchen and the clock on the kitchen wall fell and missed his head by about 3 inches and hit his foot.

It must have lasted for 30-35 seconds. I think it was the longest and hardest earth quake I have ever felt!! It ended up being a 7.2 and centered in Mexicali. Of course my sweet Aubrey who is my BIGGEST worrier was scared all afternoon. She kept asking, "Is the 2nd coming going to happen today??!!" Poor thing...she was pretty freaked out. Even MY heart was beating fast for 10 minutes afterward!! It was a REALLY decent shake!! NOT ready for the 2nd coming yet!! I need a lot more time to work on myself!!! I think I better get more serious about it...a lot of earthquakes and tsunami's lately!! Hhmmmm....

1 comment:

moliver said...

Glad you guys are safe. We're Living in El Centro, right next to Mex right now, we got it pretty bad. It actually felt like we were in a boat for the rest of the day. We spent a lot of time outside because of all of the aftershocks for the rest of the day, and our whole fam slept together downstairs (or tried to sleep). Everything in the closets, medicine cabinets, shelves and walls ended up on the floor but our house only has minor cracks in the stucco. But I took my boys to my parents house and we're running away for a couple of days. I'm just amazed more people weren't hurt. We're so lucky to live in a place where houses are build well. Take care!
~Michelle