Thursday, February 5, 2009

Pregnancy!!

well, i am feeling like an old pregnant women these days. on monday afternoon i was sitting with the kids and all of a sudden my eyes went like cross-eyed. well...they felt like they were cross-eyed. i couldn't see straight and i could not get my eyes to work together!! SUPER SCARY!!! i thought i was having a stroke or something!! so after a few minutes of my eyes being that way, i told daniel to call 911. the paramedics came and my blood pressure was 152/96 so they thought that it was possibly my pre-eclampsia. but my pressure ended up being fine and really there were no other pre-eclampsia symptoms that were present. they admitted me for the night and ran a bunch of blood work and did a CT scan in the morning on tuesday. everything looks ok. thank goodness!! they don't know why my eyes did that!! frustrating to not have an answer for something that was soooo scary! but, right now everything looks ok, so i am really trying not to worry!

poor daniel, aubrey, and julia!! they were soooo worried and scared! not a fun thing to see your mom crying because she can't see straight and thinking she is having a stroke!! the firemen were really good to the kids. they took them outside and let them look around the fire truck and gave each of them a teddy bear while the paramedics were talking to me. and a funny note...when the paramedics were putting me on the gurny i all of a sudden thought... why hasn't emily come down stairs??!! so i had aubrey go up and get her. she had been listening to her music and didn't even know the fire truck and paramedics were there!! she came walking down stairs with aubrey to see the paramedics taking me outside to the ambulance!! she had no idea what was going on. sweet emily!!!

so...all is well. i will be 34 weeks on monday! time has gone by surprisingly quickly! my dr. said if i dont go on my own by 39 weeks, she will induce me. so at the most i have just over 5 weeks left! WOW!! pat is so excited he can hardly stand it. it's like i am pregnant for the very first time...he is so cute!! i really enjoy and appreciate his excitement!! i married a wonderful man!!

3 comments:

Candice said...

I'm so glad everything is ok with you and the baby! I can't believe little Michael will be here so soon!!! Please tell eveyone I say hi and that I miss you all very much :) Love ya!

Steph said...

You have a beautiful family! I can't believe you have a child in college and are starting over with a little one again... I'm excited for you. I get baby hungry again every once in a while, but I'll have to wait until my son has a baby eventually...
I can't remember if I told you I had a blog too, you can check out my kids and family also. Good luck, I love reading your posts. Hopefully you can make it to the reunion next year. I'd love to see you and catch up.

SavvyGirl said...

Hadley: I have enjoyed reading and catching up with your family. I am so glad you are doing better and Corey in college? Wow, Hadley. I am sorry, I didn't get your 1st email that you sent but thank you for getting in touch with me. I hope to see you this weekend. LOVE YA!!!