Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Have we taught her enough???"

Well, I have to say that it is a whole new experience dropping off your oldest child at college!! As you drive away you have this panic attack of "We haven't taught her nearly enough!!" You hope that she will be happy and responsible and not too home sick...(a little would be nice!)

I cried for a while in the car as we drove away and then cried for an hour when I finally got home in San Diego. There is defiately a big empty spot in our home without Corey here. I miss her singing around the house all the time so much I can't stand it. But, even through my selfishness, I KNOW that it is going to be a wonderful experience for her to be at school!! She will learn so much and will make some life long friends!! But, I do miss her and can't wait to see her when the baby is born!!

Corey...we are so proud of you and the beautiful young lady that you have become!! Go get em!!!!

2 comments:

*ehu. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*ehu. said...

I didn't know Corey too long, but she was a joy to have around CV5 ward. I enjoyed teaming up with her to do the music for Sacrament meeting. I hope she has a splendid time away at school...and I really hope she does get the opportunity to serve a mission. She would most definitely bring a wonderful spirit to the mission field.